WECNA is the North American division of White Energy and is located in Washington DC, USA. WECNA is actively pursuing the expansion of the BCB technology in North America through the establishment of a strategic alliance and joint venture company with each of Buckskin Mining Company (a wholly owned subsidary of the Kiewit Group) and Peabody Energy, Inc.
WECNA’s business strategy for its BCB technology is to work with Powder River Basin producers to develop low moisture and higher calorific value product for the export market. A number of U.S. coal producers are seeking approvals to build coal export terminals at various locations of the west coast of the U.S.. It may therefore take a number of years before the Company’s Powder River Basin projects become operational
The U.S. team also continues to investigate opportunities associated with the recovery and briquetting of coal fines and coarse refuse in the North American market. The majority of our effort is being directed towards metallurgical coal fines. A number of potential project sites in West Virginia, Kentucky and Pennsylvania are currently being investigated.
- On track to complete the proposed acquisition of Mountainside Coal (by River Energy UK JV Ltd), an existing open-cut coal mining operation in Kentucky, which specialises in the production of low-ash coals
- Progressed the “minor source” air permit in respect of a BCB plant for the Buckskin Project
FY2013/14 Target Milestones
- Finalise Mountainside Coal acquisition and complete handover of operations
- Increase production of speciality low-ash coal at Mountainside Coal
- Finalise plans to construct a BCB plant for coal fines at Mountainside Coal
- Obtain Wyoming Air-Permits for the Buckskin Project
Visit our International Offices webpage to contact our American Representative Office.