Please find attached a Notice of Meeting, Explanatory Statement and Proxy form for a General Meeting to be held at 9.00am on 3 July 2009 at:
207 Kent Street
Sydney NSW 2000
On 21 May 2009, the Company announced that it had successfully completed a placement through Southern Cross Equities Limited of 36,666,666 Shares at an issue price of $1.50 per Share to raise a total of $54,999,999 (Placement).
The Placement was conducted in two tranches:
- (21,075,000 Shares, at an issue price of $1.50 per Share to raise a total of
- $31,612,500, were issued under the Company’s 15% capacity in accordance
- with ASX Listing Rule 7.1 (Tranche One Shares); and
- 15,591,666 Shares, at an issue price of $1.50 per Share to raise a total of
- $23,387,499, are to be issued upon Shareholder approval being obtained in
- accordance with ASX Listing Rule 7.1 (Tranche Two Shares).
WEC is seeking shareholder approval for the Placement.
Resolution 1 seeks to ratify the issue of the Tranche One Shares pursuant to ASX Listing Rule 7.4 whilst Resolution 2 seeks Shareholder approval for the issue of the Tranche Two Shares pursuant to ASX Listing Rule 7.1.
Attached in the Notice of Meeting and Explanatory Statement are full details of the proposed resolutions.