Our commitment to privacy
White Energy Company Limited (White Energy) respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. This document sets out our policies in handling personal information.
White Energy will be guided by the Australian National Privacy Principles (NPPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) when dealing with personal information. For further information about the NPPs, you can visit the Australian Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.
What information does White Energy collect and why?
There are a number of situations in which it is necessary for us to collect personal information about shareholders and other people associated with the Company (such as Directors). We may collect and hold personal information such as names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, bank account details, tax file numbers and details of shareholdings.
The primary purpose for which this information is collected is to enable shareholders’ holdings to be maintained and administered efficiently and to enable White Energy to comply with its legal and regulatory obligations. In particular, the information may be used in connection with one or more of the following:
- Distribution of financial results, annual reports and other corporate communications to shareholders;
- Obtaining and responding to shareholder queries;
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Maintenance of the Company’s share register as required by the Corporations Act 2001;
- Preparation of shareholder and internal management reports;
- Distribution of dividend payments to shareholders;
- And any other purpose required or authorised by law.
White Energy also collects and holds personal information about its employees. We may rely on exceptions in the Privacy Act relating to the handling of employee information.
Personal information may be disclosed where required to meet White Energy’s legal or regulatory obligations and:
- To the Share registry, Computershare Investor Services Pty Ltd; and
- To third party contractors who provide printing and mailing services.
We aim to keep the personal information that White Energy collects, uses or discloses as accurate, complete and up to date as possible. We need your help to do that. If you think that the information we hold about you is inaccurate please contact our Company Secretary and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Access to Personal Information
You should contact our Company Secretary if you would like to request details of the personal information that White Energy may hold about you. The Company may charge a fee for providing this service, but we will inform you of that at the time you make the request.
Please feel free to contact our Company Secretary if you have any questions, comments or would like more information concerning how we handle your personal information or privacy issues.