Other Research & Development
White Energy also has the following additional areas of business focus:
- Expansion of the BCB technology into new coal related applications
- Identification of valuable mining tenements with natural resources and minerals or sub-bituminous coal reserves
Expansion of the BCB Technology
White Energy is currently undertaking research and development efforts to identify and pursue opportunities in expanding the application of the BCB technology.
- White Energy holds the exclusive worldwide marketing rights to the patented technology that seeks to upgrade low rank coal to a metallurgical coke using a carbonisation technology. Our research and development team has conducted lab tests and are in the process of further developing the technology.
- The resultant product will be suitable for metallurgical applications such as ferroalloys.
- White Energy is developing a briquetting process for application to coking coals.
- Research to date has shown promising results.
Processing of Discarded Coal Fines
- White Energy is exploring the possibility of the BCB technology being used to briquette discarded coal fines so that they can be handled and transported like normal coal. This provides a solution to both an economic and environmental challenge for coal producers.
- White Energy, through its joint venture company River Energy JV Limited, is seeking to prove up this opportunity in the African coal fines market and is in commerical discussions with a number of South African coal producers. If successful, this process could be used throughout major coal producing regions such as Australia, the United States and China.